As the newest member of the 212, I decided to bring my food game to the table (no pun intended) and show NYC what people are eating! I’ve enlisted some of my most trusted food sources in the city to highlight my top 5 food items now:
1. Little Collins’ Avocado Toast: Probably one of the most underrated cafes I’ve ever been to. A tiny spot wedged in between office buildings in Midtown offers some of the best coffee and treats I’ve tasted. This avo toast is sure to please all with their twist on a classic dish by adding feta and pepitas!
2. Jack’s Wife Freda: One of the most unique brunch menus in the city as Jack’s Wife Freda takes brunch classics and gives them a mediterranean spin. The mediterranean breakfast includes 2 eggs any style, chopped Jerusalem salad & avocado served with warm pita. A “lighter” alternative to the usual pancakes and bacon.
3. Levain Bakery: Fresh from the oven, Levain offers their iconic selection of sweet treats to NYC patrons. Gooey goodness oozes from their signature cookies – oatmeal raisin, chocolate chocolate chip, chocolate peanut butter and chocolate chip walnut. Words don’t do enough justice to these heavenly treats.
4. Frank: While the restaurant looks unassuming, this has to be one of the best meals I’ve ever had. The flavors taste like you’re in Italy with the juiciest tomatoes, freshest mozzarella and authentic pasta dishes. This tiny hotspot takes reservations and has daily specials listed on a chalkboard.
5. Toro: This trendy tapas hot-spot offers an array of Spanish favorites, but the main attraction is their maiz asado aka corn. I had been told that the corn was out of this world, but I definitely had my doubts as I thought to myself “how good can corn be?” Well, I was proven wrong. I highly advise you to go get some corn porn for yourself!
There’s your daily dose of mouthwatering goodness, bon appetit!